Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Pet Portrait, "Shadow" - Sold





"Shadow"
10"x 10" oil on Gessobord
commission, sold

In June I had cataract surgery in one eye and in July the second. In December I am still experiencing complications from the surgery and my dry eye condition is still giving me vision problems. I'm experiencing blurriness and large floaters that have not improved. Current treatments are making little difference at this point but I'm still hopeful. I'm glad that I can still paint but it is a much slower process and not as fun as the natural "zone" during a session is disrupted. 
I'm so glad that I have been able to successfully complete two commissions of dog portraits. This one in October was for a Birthday present for a sweet husband's wife. Her dear Shadow had departed us and a dear quote was added by hand lettering on the painting. The second "poor" photo shows the final look.
 
I'll share the dog portrait I recently finished after Christmas when the painting has been gifted. 
I have other paintings almost completed but it had been much more difficult to go to the studio and fight with my problematic vision to finish them to my satisfaction. Please know that the doctors are expecting improvement and I'm so thankful for the vision I do have!! Merry Christmas to you all this month and thank you for letting me share my art with you. 










 

No comments: