Monday, July 1, 2013

Green Pear and Delft Vase- SOLD

"Green Pear and Delft Vase"  5"x7" oil on board
sold
Yeah!!! I'm over the internal battle of procrastinating and doing "anything but painting" phase of my returning to a "normal" life. After a year of multiple surgeries and numerous medical conditions ( including the big "C") I had not painted since last February and had a bit of creative anxiety. This commissioned painting resulted in success and made my client happy so all doubts about my present abilities are over!
An additional commission to repaint Blood Orange No. 2 is next on the easel and I may have another
request to paint this orange again as well by another client. So glad to have work to do, studio completly set up now and all ready to make art!!! WhooHoo!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God and congratulations, Marilyn!

This work is fantastic! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Debbie said...

I'm so happy for you Marilyn!! You Go Girl!! Love this painting too!

Barbara Rickett said...

I hope you're doing a "blood orange" for me, as I asked of Ken. I love your beautiful work. I have enjoy getting to know you and Ken on FB. We are "cousins."

Best wishes,

Barbara Rickett
Barbr921@aol.com

Jennifer Young said...

This is just lovely Marilyn. It's as if you were never away from the easel at all.

Timmy said...

Great!

Unknown said...


This work is fantastic!Lighting For Artwork

Unknown said...

Love this painting! Antique Brass Picture Light

Vicki said...

Marilyn! so happy you are back.
I can't believe how similar our stories are. I too was having trouble with pain in my right side and had to quit painting.

After months of cancer related treatments and appointment I just started a new painting. I think I still have a bit of anxiety because mines not turning out so well!

I'll keep going though and am so happy you are back at it.
Hugs,
Vicki

Shelley Whiting's art said...

Great modelling on the pair. I love the design on the vase. An impressive and stunning work.

Sandra Busby said...

So glad to have stumbled across your blog! All manner of wonderfulness here... Love your work :0)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

STUNNING