Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blood Orange No.2- SOLD

"Blood Orange No.2"

6"x 6" Oil on Gessobord

sold

It was about a year ago that I painted this orange and had saved several images of it in order to paint again. The angle is a little different but overall the same painting and I think improved. Click here to see last year's painting.

I haven't forgotten my "dog" paintings, but not everyone loves dogs or figurines so more food and kitchen paintings must be sprinkled in here and there. The holidays have slowed all painting temporarily, but it is worth it. My husband and I have been having the most wonderful Christmas season this year with lots of parties, music programs, time with dear friends, special church services and later time with family. It is not much about "stuff" and gifts this year but more about reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas. It has been a blessed time drawing near to our heavenly father.

Best Wishes for a most Blessed Christmas and Hopeful New Year!

4 comments:

HELENE said...

Nice composition and technique. I like it.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

What a treat for me. Beautiful work Marilyn.

Karen Bruson said...

Beautifully painted. Not surprised it has sold.

Virginia Floyd said...

I loved reading your post, and went back to view the first orange painting. That made me chuckle.
Both paintings are beautiful. It was nice reading about their modest beginnings.