Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tiger Lily - SOLD

"Tiger Lily"

7.75"x 5.75" Oil on linen panel.
sold

This painting was unexpectedly a week long project. I thought I was near done after working on it three days but didn't like the direction it was going. It was too tight for my taste and so I painted over the painting with more painterly strokes. I spent the next two days cleaning it up again! I think those dots were what were causing me the problems. There are too many and too small for me to paint them perfectly. When I tried to make them little dashes with one stroke marks that didn't look right either. After adjustments the spots are not perfect and not loose and I am not satisfied with them being in between, but I'm not willing to spend anymore time on it. Enough is enough already!







3 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

Beautiful! Sometimes beautiful paintings take a litle longer. This jumps off the canvas.

Virginia Floyd said...

Beautiful colors and composition!

Joanne Mt Smith said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT, Marilyn!! ;)