Sunday, October 10, 2010

Georgia Cotton - SOLD

"Georgia Cotton"

5.75"x 7.75" Oil on linen panel.
$100. + $8. s&h. - sold

This cotton was retrieved from the side of the road near Fritzgerald, Georgia on a recent trip.
To make the painting a bit more colorful I staged it with my "stressed" green tin. Yep, it was a new tin that I banged up, painted and stressed by sanding off some of the paint. The exposed metal rusted after setting it out in the flower bed for a month. I'm more proud of this tin than most of my paintings. The cotton was honored to be put on stage with the treasured tin.

4 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

The cotton is lovely with your old/new tin Marilyn...you really got the look of the cotton as soft and the hull as hard, great job!

Karen Werner said...

This is just lovely. I love the composition and the textures! Wonderful painting!

Dean H. said...

The tin is the perfect foil for the soft, warm, cotton. Wonderful, Marilyn.

Janice said...

beautiful! Love it!