Sunday, June 13, 2010

Peaches With Leaves - SOLD

"Peach Fuzz"

6"x 8" Oil on gessoed hard panel

This painting is still following the new direction I seem to be going. I'm forcing myself to work quicker and go on my instincts rather than think too much. I really enjoy painting this way, but I don't think I could have done this kind of painting before now even though I have been trying to achieve it. It feels like someone came into my house and opened a door that I had never opened before and found a whole new room. Don't you love those aha moments?

I think as I continue exploring this quicker and looser way of painting I need to make sure I don't fall into gimmicks. I love the swishy brush strokes to soften edges, but I want to make sure I don't overdo it. Mainly I just want to put down the larger shapes of color in a quicker and more direct way. Adding life and movement is my goal as well as just painting faster. What happened to my retreat to my "comfort zone" only a few days ago? Although this is very new to me, it doesn't feel uncomfortable.



4 comments:

Debbie said...

oooooo! I love it!! I look forward to seeing more like this.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Yes, me too! Keep on down that path, Marilyn. I see interesting things happening from a loaded brush and not a lot of mixing and worrying. Nice!!

Edward Burton said...

Stunning painting, Marilyn, and the colors are wonderful.

Carol Blackburn said...

Beautifully done, Marilyn. You have a new follower.