Sunday, May 30, 2010

Magnolia Blossom - SOLD

"Southern Icon"

5"x 7" Oil on oil primed linen panel

There is hardly anything that represents the deep south more than the Magnolia tree. I'm not sure why except that they just grow really well here. They are blooming all over my Atlanta neighborhood now and the fragrance is so sweet. The blooms are magnificent and the light makes the thick white petals glow which is just what I attempted to communicate in my painting. The Gardenias are in bloom as well and it is wonderful going for a walk with my dog and smelling all the sweetness of late spring.
sold

4 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

You really captured the thickness of the petals, and the glow that you wrote about Marilyn...great job!

Pam Holnback said...

Beautiful. Love the highlights!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! There's just nothing like a southern magnolia!

Edward Burton said...

A very lovely piece, Marilyn.