Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Rose

"Valentine Rose" ( final)

7"x 5" Oil on board.

The rose to the left was the first post and after looking at it for a while I decided to paint some more on it after it dried. The background needed a punch of color and the rose needed better definition. The final painting has a little more peach in the lighter background areas than I could show in the photo. The background blues are more greenish. The final rose is not as soft as it appears here either. I think I need a lesson in photography! Indoor light at night is what I usually use due to my schedule and it definitely has some draw backs.




1 comment:

Faith Te said...

I just received the Sunshine award yesterday, Ms. Marilyn, and I chose you as one of my 12 nominees. Please come to my blog to accept it.

http://www.artisticrealism.com/faithteblog/