Monday, November 30, 2009

Yellow Roses - SOLD

"November Roses"

6"x 8" Oil on stretched canvas.

I was brave enough to try my brush at roses again. I'm getting closer to seeing the shapes but I'm not sure if this painting is finished yet. After spending too much time on it already I don't want to go too far. In my focus on keeping it loose and fresh I feel that I failed in capturing the subtle color shifts in the rose petals. The more I paint the more I realize how much I still need to learn, master, and explore. But it is encouraging to see where I have come from on this wonderful journey. Steady, diligent and focused work is the prescription for growth and improvement. I hope I don't sound discouraged! Just moving up a hill and giving myself a pep talk to carry on to the next level.

sold

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They're beautiful! Don't touch them :)

Debbie said...

Marilyn, You don't sound discouraged at all, to me you sound very encouraged! and these roses are lovely! I also love the reflections in the vase. Great job!

Dean H. said...

Looks wonderful, Marilyn!
That little spot of red in the rose's reflection is a great touch!