Thursday, March 19, 2009

Onions-SOLD

Click on image to enlarge.

"Onions"

5"x 7" Oil on board.

sold

"Onions" began as a loose and simplified painting but just did not cooperate! Early in the process I had some really nice loose strokes in the onion and after one too many changes, it lost that fresh clean look.

I could have wiped it but instead just kept painting until I was satisfied with it, settling back into a more realistic and traditional style that I feel more comfortable with. I do like that "Old World" look so I developed it into that style with dramatic lighting.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Very nice!! and I love the warm glowing light affect you've created in this one, and on the daffodil painting.

L.Holm said...

Hi, Marilyn. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your work is tremendous! I particularly like your process commentary. I'm a fan of R. Schmid and S. Burdick, too, but have trouble loosening the paint up. Your work gorgeous no matter which style you choose! I'm looking forward to following your blog! Liz

Kathleen Harrington said...

Nice glow to the onions (those scallions too) I like the position of the knife.

Marilyn M. King said...

It always is a thrill to have visitors! Thanks so much for your comments. :0)

PainterLee said...

the lighting on this is fantastic!!! i'm so glad i found you!