Sunday, February 8, 2009

Three Eggs for Cake - SOLD

Click on image to enlarge.

"Three Eggs for Cake"


5"x 7" Oil on gessoed board.

sold

The 1930's batter bowl found at a local antique shop combined with the vintage egg beater was tremendous inspiration for this painting. I've been looking for just the right bowl for some vintage kitchen still lifes and was so excited to find this one on Saturday. I love the color of the stripes. Can you tell this whole scene was staged in my studio? It looks just like granny's kitchen.

6 comments:

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful painting, Marilyn, I love the composition! It looks like it was set up on your kitchen counter.

Karen Hargett said...

Oh I saw this and immediately thought of my grandma. Thanks!

Mary J DuVal said...

Wonderfully charming and I love the title!

Marilyn M. King said...

Thanks you guys for the appreciation you've shown for my work. I really loved this little painting and am glad you find pleasure in it.

Debbie said...

Marilyn, I really admire your work, and the way you search out and find the objects you have in mind to use in your paintings. I love the kitchen theme, and the colors in the bowl, they are so familiar of that era. I'm sure my grandma must have owned one of those!

Unknown said...

ooooo..... I love baking scenes like this. Conjures up the wonderful feeling of coming home to the smell of something yummy in the oven.