Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oreos and Milk - SOLD

Click on image to enlarge.

"1% and Fat Free"

5"x 7" Oil on Ampersand Gessoboard.

sold

It seems that every daily painter has a painting of cookies and milk and I've seen several of Oreos. I didn't expect the Oreos to be the challenge they were. They were just time consuming and my usual effort to paint loosely ( not always successful ) was soon forgotten. Now if you want to see a real Oreo painting check out Neil Hollingsworth's blog.

I recently saw a painting on ebay that was titled "Plastic Lemon". That inspired me to be as honest in naming my painting. It's a good thing because I ate all the Oreos except these last five.

6 comments:

Trevor Lingard said...

Hello Marylin
Hope you are well.
This is nice work and look forward to following more of your entries.
Regards

Debbie said...

Marilyn, you did a very nice job with those cookies, they look delicious!!!

Marilyn M. King said...

Thanks, Trevor for visiting again. Your work is so admired by myself that I'm honored by your comments!

Debbie, Hi. How ya doin! You've been painting up a storm lately and your work is outstanding! Thanks for you comments.

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful job, Marilyn! Makes me hungry just looking at it!

Unknown said...

I am so amazed with your Oreo rendering. Difficult cookie no?

Marilyn M. King said...

Thanks Edward and Sheila for your kind words. Sorry Edward, none left. Sheila, they are difficult to paint and to resist.lol