Monday, October 13, 2008

Granny's Round Table - SOLD


Click on image to enlarge.

6"x 6" Oil on Ampersand Gessoboard.

This is a more contemporary still life and I love being able to use brighter colors. This transparent red plate is a find from a thrift store that I painted several months ago, but this painting is much more successful. If you've visited before, you know that I love to paint reflections and this red plate produces such great challenges. It always surprises me that the as the light shines through the tomato red glass that the shadow is magenta. The smaller gold plate is solid yellow gold in color, but has a smooth embossed cross-hatched design around the rim. All these elements made up an image I found both challenging and inspiring. Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMK,

When I saw this painting I smiled. I could go on, but that's really not my style.

Marilyn M. King said...

RN,
When I read your comment I laughed!

Debbie said...

Marilyn, Such beautiful colors in this one! Makes me think of a rainbow. You really know how to paint shadows and reflections to a tea!