Friday, May 30, 2008

"No One's Home"

Click image to enlarge.

8"x 7" Oil on gessoed card. Available on Ebay. Click on link at top of page to go to my Ebay store.

This is the second in my new garden series and once again this is a view in Kelly's garden. I'm really enjoying this subject matter and find a wealth of inspiration in these intimate settings. I'm drawn to the natural casual style of Kelly's garden and find it more rich in color and textures than formal and pristine landscapes. More to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sterility in a landscape is not a good thing. Nice landscape. Nice painting.

Marilyn M. King said...

Thanks, Rick.

Anonymous said...

I really love these garden paintings Marilyn. You must too--it shows. I've been working away to set up my own garden so I can paint it too. But economy called for tiny starter plants, so a lot of them will take some time to bloom. At least we have the botanical gardens nearby!

Marilyn M. King said...

The only gardening I do is painting a garden. Kenn does all the yard work, but I must go to neighbors or friends to find paint worthy landscapes. Fortunately I know a multitude of garden enthusiasts. Maybe there's a market there to do garden portraits?!
I'm glad you like them, thanks for the comment.