Saturday, June 8, 2019

Silver Pitcher and Lemon- Sold


 "Lemon with Tea?"
10"x 8" Oil on linen panel
sold

I have been painting although not posting much. There are several paintings that I just can't seem to feel satisfied with and haven't called them finished yet. This painting I completed yesterday in one sitting and I couldn't be happier with it. I spent more time on getting the photo of it right than it took to paint it! I'm digging the lost edge on the left and the silver pitcher emerging from the background.

A bit of good news!! Today I found out that I won first place in the Daily Paintworks Monthly Contest!! There were 86 other works entered some amazing art!! I'm so honored to have even been in the top 15 and to have won 1st place blew me away. It is a happy day indeed in this studio!! Below is the winning work which is in the collection of Dan and Freda Alexander.

No comments: