Monday, June 11, 2018

Sunny Day Roses


"Sunny Day Roses"
6"x 8" oil on Gessobord

$99 + S&H
at marilynmking@yahoo.com

It was a good day in the studio and it started my week off with great expectations. I’m developing a passion for floral art as a result of studying other great paintings and also as a result of my last commission. As I’m being influenced by the gorgeous, loose and painterly styles that I so admire in other artists’ work, I’m moving away from my very precise still life paintings for a while. It is so freeing and so much fun!!! I think my favorite part of this little piece is the blue bits on the petals reflecting the sky. What marvelous color in God’s creation!!! Please enlarge and enjoy the luscious brush strokes of pure color!!!

I’m including some progression shots for those interested.



No comments: