Sunday, March 22, 2015

Boston Terrier and Dominos Still Life


"Boston Terrier and Dominos"
5"x 7" oil on gessobord
$100 +s&h
available by email, marilynmking@yahoo.com

Another small painting in my dog figurine series is just off the easel. Well actually it was completed two weeks ago but I was either too busy to post or too sick with the dreaded flu. I seemed to have missed the bug last December when everyone I knew was sick but it attacked me when no one else was ill. A mystery....
In this set up is a wooden box of dominos that my mom used to play with as a child. I and my siblings played with them each summer when we visited my grandmother in Auburn, Alabama. Oh, the simple things we had fun with back then when you actually had to interact with others. I love the juxtaposition of the black and white boston terrier and the ivory playing tiles.

No comments: