Friday, February 4, 2011

Fresh Cut Roses Still Life

"Roses From the Heart"

5 5/8" x 7 3/4" Oil on linen.

email me for purchasing info.


These roses are some my husband grows and he proudly brought me this lovely bunch back in the summer. How appropriate to paint them in February when love is in the air!

When I announced my new puppy in the last post in December, I knew that puppy training and Christmas would make painting difficult for a few weeks. Little did I know that a few more life issues would again push painting down on my priority list into the new year. I will share a bit more later, but posting and painting may not get back to normal for another month or so. Painting and growing as an artist is and will remain a huge long term priority for me so know this is temporary!!!!!!

Happy Valentine to you all!!!!




15 comments:

Karen Werner said...

Marilyn it's great to see you back at it! The painting is lovely. I especially love the way you painted the glass and water. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a chance to paint a little! :)

Pam Holnback said...

These are beautiful. Time away doesn't seem to have affected your painting!

Debbie said...

Great to see you back!! I miss your paintings :-) Hope all goes well in the coming weeks.

beckielboo said...

You know, when I see an artist not posting, I really worry about them. I'm so glad you mentioned you are busy but OK. Cecil Irving has dropped out of site and Daniel Edmondson has just posted after many months absence. I love the online art community and become very "protective" about someone I click with. At least I won't have to worry about you now! BTW, beautiful Roses!
Beckie

Unknown said...

Fabulous composition and color in this one, Marilyn! Just wonderfu!

Anne Marie Propst said...

Lovely, just lovely.

Karen Bruson said...

Lovely painting. Great job with the pinks.

Virginia Floyd said...

Gorgeous painting! Your roses are beautiful!

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful painting. Wonderful palette.

Jennifer Young said...

Soft, lovely painting. Isn't it annoying how that pesky "life" likes to interfere with our paitning time? Well, the good news is your painting will always be there waiting for you, when you're ready. This is what I keep telling myself, at least!

Debra Keirce said...

Very nice! I must go admire the fresh flowers on my table now...

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Carol Reynolds said...

This is such a charming, well-executed painting ! Lovely. I too have had "icky" things occur lately to interfere with my painting time. Hope things work out well and you can paint with abandon soon. You are very talented.

Angela Sullivan said...

Wow! I love this.The flowers are so light and beautiful.