Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cherries, Plum, and Yellow Pitcher- SOLD

Click on image to enlarge.

7"x 8" Oil on linen panel
Sold

The thrift store yellow pitcher inspired color ! I had a bit of fun pushing the color and using a palette knife on the background. It was all about the joy of paint on this one.

The photos of this and my last painting are picking up pink in my white areas. When I try to remove the "red" with photoshop I haven't been successful. Please understand that the camera is not able to give a perfect reproduction. The original is always a pleasant surprise.






6 comments:

Rick Nilson said...

grate.

Pam Holnback said...

I see the joy! Love the color and looseness.

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Lovely painting. I have the same trouble with my photographs.

Dana Cooper said...

I love this turn your work is taking with expressive color and great brush work!

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful painting, Marilyn - great composition.

Sandra Galda said...

I love your art, I have been enjoying visiting! Welcomd to fresh daily!