Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Party

"Birthday Cake"

click on image to enlarge
7"x 5" Oil on linen panel

After many distractions, like having the plumbing replaced under my house!, I'm back at the easel again. I don't know about you but when I have a lot of stressful things going on and workmen going in and out through my work space, I find it a bit difficult to paint! This last week was a week like that. How rewarding it was to paint this little party piece today with no one to bother me. My husband took a photo of this scene a few years ago at one of our friend's party and I just love how the light illuminated this girl's face. I'm happy in that I think I captured the moment.

$80.+ $8.s&h.







2 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

I love everything about this Marilyn, from the joy on the little girl's face to the wall paper in the background...great job!

artybecca said...

I love paintings with people doing everyday things. I can hear the giggles just by looking.