Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cup of Tea and Clementine

"Cup of Tea and Clementine"

6"x 6" Oil on Ampersand Board

I'd had a full day and thought I'd do an easy simple subject. Easy subject it is but difficult painting it was. I painted the background over many times and made corrections over and over again. After my in-studio critic (husband Kenn) said it looked forced, it was out with the brushes yet again and another new background created to remove all the texture. I'm done.....time for tea.

For purchasing info go to the ebay listing here.

2 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Wow Marilyn, you have been painting like a mad woman!
Nothing forced about this little gem...I like your looser approach.
p.s. I just painting tea and lemons!

Carol Blackburn said...

Looks great, Marilyn. Tea sounds good.