Monday, June 28, 2010

Blue Hydrangeas - SOLD

"The Hydrangea Corner"

5"x 7" Oil on oil primed linen panel.
sold
Click on image to enlarge.

These are my favorite flowers - the blue is what wins me over. Can they be real? God is good!

While cleaning Charlene's home she had these beauties set up in her dining room corner with the sun beaming through the windows. I carry a camera most days when going to our client's homes and steal a shot of various subjects to paint. I was glad to have had the camera that day.....

3 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Awesome job on this, Marilyn. I'm laughing because of your comment about taking pictures of things to paint in other peoples houses.
I do that in flea markets and stores. I set things up in arrangements then photograph them and put them back the way they were. I haven't been told not to yet; guess no one's caught me, actually. The things we do for art sake!

Marilyn M. King said...

Thanks Carol for you compliments!
You are bold. I can't imagine getting out my camera and rearranging things in a store! I guess I've never thought about it. I felt uncomfortable enough taking photos of children at the beach. I was constantly explaining to suspicious parents why I was taking their photos.

Edward Burton said...

Very Beautiful, Marilyn!