Friday, July 18, 2008

Peach in Hand Painted Bowl


Click on image to enlarge

6"x 6" Oil on canvas mounted on hardboard.

One more painting before the peach is eaten. The muted and faded hues remind me of France or Italy. The colors were not planned and are a bit different than they were in life. When the painting was not working , I wiped the back ground a couple of times and tried different colors before it felt right to me. This photo is close in matching the painting but the green inside the bowl (especially on the right) is too yellow in the photo reproduction.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marilyn,

This is probably thee best peach in a handpainted bowl I have ever seen done in oil, on the internet, today. Crappy monitor or no! Honestly. I mean it. Thats one. Three to go.....ahhhh.