Sunday, July 13, 2008

Coneflowers #2

Click on image to enlarge.

6"x 8" Oil on canvas mounted on hardboard.

I like the composition on this painting and I loved doing the first coneflower piece,
but for some reason this was a very difficult painting for me. I worked on it one day for several hours and it should have been close to finish. But when I began today to
complete it, nothing seemed to be working. I felt like I was just learning how to paint from the start of this painting. Anxiety and just being frustrated during the painting tempted me to toss it and start a new project. I'm still not confident that I haven't wasted my time, but I feel good to have fought to the end and pulled something out of it. I think I'll leave coneflowers behind for now and maybe paint ??????

2 comments:

Rick Nilson said...

Marilyn,

The guy that is at the top of his game all the time is pretty mediocre!

Marilyn M. King said...

Hi, Rick. Thanks for your pep talk and I agree! Today was better and I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with the brush in hand. I enjoyed watching your video and want to see more!